The landscaping industry is expected to have an annual growth rate of 4.5% between 2020 and 2025.
This translates to higher competition for all businesses in this industry. Can your business stand tall among the crowd?
One of the best ways to keep up with the competition is advertising. But with so many landscaping businesses out there, how do you create an ad that will make your business stand out?
This article discusses some tips on creating a landscaping ad that will help your business get noticed. It also explores advertising on different online and offline platforms. Read on to find out info that will make advertising easier!
Tips for Creating a Great Landscaping Ad
If you are about to start lawn care advertising, here are some top tips to incorporate in your landscaping ad:
1. Use eye-catching visuals. Your ad should be visually appealing to grab attention. Include high-quality photos or videos of your landscaping work.
2. Have an attention-grabbing headline. Use a striking headline that grabs the attention of readers immediately and lets them know what you're offering. Keep in mind that most readers will just scan the headline of your ad, so it needs to be enticing to invite them to read more.
3. Include background information. Potential customers will want to know your experience as well as your areas of specialization. Including this information helps you to gain their trust.
4. Include a strong call-to-action. Ensure that your ad has a clear and concise call-to-action that tells the reader what to do next.
5. Make it relevant to your target audience. Your ad should be relevant to your target audience. It should address their needs and pain points.
6. Include your areas of service. If your business is restricted in terms of areas of coverage, be sure to include that in your ad. This will help to avoid getting calls from areas where you do not operate.
7. Be clear and concise. Create an ad that's clear and to the point. Use simple language that can be understood by everyone.
Paid Advertising Platforms for Your Landscaping Ad
Did you know that 2 out of every 3 people in the US are on Facebook? This makes Facebook the biggest social media platform and one of the best places to advertise your landscaping business.
You can create a Facebook ad by boosting a post that has performed well organically or by creating a new ad from scratch.
Types of Facebook Ads
To get started, you'll need to use at least one of the following ad formats:
- Video: Suitable for giving quick demos or showing your team in action. Depending on your needs, you can also use GIFs or animations with an explanation of what you offer.
- Single image: The best way to get started with paid advertising. It can be simple and used to boost an existing post.
- Carousel: Up to 10 videos or images to show your services. Best if you offer different services. Remember to accompany each image or video with a link to the service shown.
- Slideshows: Very eye-catching. They use less data and are suitable if some potential customers have slow internet.
- Instant Experiences
You can combine two formats, such as instant experience and carousel, for better results.
Tutorial for Facebook advertising
Here is a step-by-step process for creating a paid landscaping ad on Facebook:
- Log in to Facebook and go to the Business Manager or Ad Manager tab to create your ad.
- Choose your objective. Ask yourself what your goals are. Choose your answer from the following objectives on Facebook: Awareness (Increase reach or brand awareness), Consideration (Increase engagement, traffic, messages, lead generation, app install, or video views), Conversions (Choose whether you want to improve store traffic, catalog sales, or conversions).
- Name your landscaping ad campaign and choose the category it fits. Leave the campaign budget optimization turned off if you're not using multiple ad sets.
- Set your budget and schedule. A schedule is vital as your ad needs to go live during the time that most people in your target audience are active on Facebook. This decision calls for a little audience research before placing the ad.
- Build your target audience. Begin by selecting the age, gender, location, and language of your target. The page will then give you an estimated reach. Choose automatic ad placements so that people can see your ads on different devices. If you are targeting people using specific devices like mobile or desktops, you can choose those options. Also, choose if you want the ad to appear in messages, stories, or feed.
- Set cost controls based on your budget. Choose limited inventory if your budget is very small or full inventory if budget is not a huge concern.
- Create your ad. You can now create your landscaping ad using any of the formats we mentioned earlier. Add text, videos, or images, a call-to-action button, and links to specific pages on your website. Remember to include relevant keywords in your ad copy, as this will help with search engine optimization (SEO).
Monitoring and Modification
After you've placed your landscaping ad, it's important to monitor its performance. Check how many people are seeing it and whether they're taking the desired action. If not, make changes to your target audience or ad copy until you find what works best.
The average conversion rate for Facebook ads is 9.21%. You can measure this against your conversion rate to see if you need to change tactics. You can also A/B test different versions of your ad to see which one gets the best results.
Twitter allows you to reach a large audience quickly. 19.4% of Twitter users (68.7 million) live in the USA; thus, you can easily reach your target audience via this channel.
Tutorial for Twitter Advertising
To advertise on Twitter, you need to connect a Twitter ads account to your Twitter handle. Creating a Twitter ads account is similar to creating a personal user account:
- Secure your account using various methods such as two-factor authentication.
- Add recognizable brand profile and header photos. Include your business name, location, and URL in your bio.
- Add active debit/credit cards for billing.
- Start your campaign by creating the content for your ad, which should be between 280-300 characters long, including spaces.
- Schedule your Tweets using the "Tweet schedule" tool.
- Set a budget and target your audience using interests, geography, gender, and more.
- Use Twitter's targeting capabilities to reach people who are most likely to be interested in your landscaping services.
The advantages of using this channel for your landscaping ads include the following:
- It reaches a large audience quickly.
- You can target specific areas.
- It’s budget friendly.
- You can use retargeting to reach people who have visited your website before.
3. LinkedIn Advertising
Using LinkedIn for lawn care advertising allows you to reach business professionals who may need landscaping services.
Tutorial for LinkedIn Advertising
To advertise on LinkedIn, you'll need a LinkedIn Business account. If you don't have one, you can create one for free.
- Once you have a LinkedIn Business account, connect it to your company's website.
- Add profile photos and a cover photo. Be sure to include your business name, location, and URL in your bio.
- Create an ad campaign by clicking the "Create Campaign" button on the top of the page.
- Select "Sponsored Content" as your campaign objective.
- Enter a name for your campaign and select your target audience. You can target people based on their job title, company size, or other factors.
- Write a headline and description for your ad. Keep them short - between 25-50 characters each, including spaces.
- Upload a picture or logo for your ad.
- Select a call-to-action for your ad.
- Set a budget for your ad campaign. LinkedIn allows you to bid per click or per impression.
The advantages of using LinkedIn advertising for a landscaping ad include the following:
- You can target business professionals who may need landscaping services.
- It allows you to reach people in specific industries.
- It can be less expensive than other forms of advertising.
4. Google Ads
Google Ads was originally known as Google AdWords. Placing a landscaping ad on this channel is beneficial because ads appear at the top of SERPs, which means that when users search for a keyword related to lawn care, they see your ad first.
Google uses a cost-per-click model. This means that you only pay when someone clicks on your ad. You make maximum bids based on how much you are willing to pay for an ad. If your bid is less than cost-per-click, your advert will not be placed.
Tutorial for Google Ads
To advertise on Google, you need to create a Google Ads account. You can do this by going to the Google Ads homepage and clicking "Create an Account"
- Enter your business information.
- Choose your campaign type. The most common types of campaigns for landscapers are "Search Network Only" or "Display Network Only."
- Select your ad format - image, video, or text.
- Create your ad by choosing a headline, description, and call-to-action. Be sure to include relevant keywords in your ad.
- Set a budget for your ad campaign and choose how you want to pay - per click or per impression.
The advantages of using Google Ads for landscapers include the following:
- You can reach people who are searching for landscaping services online.
- It allows you to target people in specific geographic areas.
- With cost-per-click, you only pay after a customer clicks your ad. This means that you can track ad engagement easily.
Email marketing is inexpensive yet very effective for marketing landscaping services. In terms of ROI, email marketing generates $36 for every dollar spent. This ROI is higher than any other channel.
Tutorial for Email Marketing
Before you start a lawn care advertising email campaign, you need to have email addresses. One of the easiest ways to collect them is by hosting a lead magnet.
A lead magnet is a gift that can be collected by providing an email address and basic information such as names.
The lead magnet can be a tangible gift or something as simple as expert advice on one or two questions for each potential client.
You can host lead magnets anywhere, including on your Facebook posts or ads.
Mostly, you will be cold-calling potential clients. Therefore, do not automate your campaign immediately. Make sure that initial welcome messages share valuable content, such as guides. Also, include hard selling content that can convert your leads into clients. Do not forget to direct them to the specific person who can answer their questions.
When it comes to automation, choose the email marketing software that best fits your needs.
Once you have a list of potential clients, it's time to start lawn care advertising by sending them emails. You should segment your list into different categories based on needs, such as those who need tree services and those who need lawn mowing services. This segmentation will ensure that the content you're sending is relevant to their interests.
It's also important to personalize each email so that it doesn't look like a generic message. Include a call-to-action in every email and make sure it goes to a landing page with more information on your services.
Finally, don't forget to track your results so that you can see what's working and what isn't.
Some of the benefits that you'll reap from email marketing include the following:
- Potential customers receive personalized content.
- You can collect feedback via surveys.
- You own the media and the contact list, thus allowing you to have more control.
- It increases leads.
Offline methods to find landscaping customers
Business cards are one of the most effective offline marketing tools. In fact, they generate a response rate of up to 45%.
When you're starting lawn care advertising, it's important to have business cards that stand out. This will attract more attention and potential clients.
Your card should include your name, company logo, contact information such as phone number and email address, and website URL. You can also add social media links if you want.
Be sure to print them on high-quality paper so that they look professional.
Handing out business cards is a great way to start networking with other businesses in your area that might need your services someday.
You might also consider sending the cards to potential clients using direct mail.
Track the effectiveness of your business cards by asking new clients how they found out about you.
The advantages of using business cards in marketing for landscapers include the following:
- They're an effective offline marketing tool.
- They help you network with other businesses.
- They’re easy to distribute.
- They're visual; thus, they increase brand remembrance.
- They give you a professional look, thus increasing your trustworthiness.
- They're an affordable channel of marketing even for small and new businesses.
Flyers are a great way to market your landscaping business. They're inexpensive to produce, and you can distribute them almost anywhere.
When designing your flyers, be sure to include photos of your work, as well as descriptions of your services. You can also list your prices so that potential clients know how much you charge.
Include your contact information, website URL, and social media links on the flyer.
You can print flyers at home or have them printed at a local printing shop.
Distribute them by posting them in public places, handing them out to people on the street, or mailing them to homes in your area.
Track the effectiveness of your flyers by asking new clients how they found out about you.
The advantages of using flyers in marketing for landscapers include the following:
- They're a great way to market your services.
- They’re inexpensive to produce.
- They can be distributed almost anywhere.
- They’re visually appealing.
- They help you target specific areas.
Direct mail is a type of advertising that involves sending physical letters or postcards to potential customers.
It's an effective way to reach out to people in your local area and start your landscaping ad campaign.
To get started, you'll need a list of potential clients. You can either buy one or gather names and addresses yourself.
Once you have your list, it's time to create your direct mail piece. This can be a letter, postcard, or flyer.
Be sure to include information about your landscaping services as well as a call-to-action. You can also offer a discount to people who respond to your direct mail piece.
Mailing your direct mail piece is a great way to reach out to potential clients who may not be familiar with your business.
Track the effectiveness of your direct mail by asking new clients how they found out about you.
The advantages of using direct mail in marketing for landscapers include the following:
- It's an effective way to reach out to potential customers.
- You can target specific areas.
- It offers a personal touch that online advertising doesn't have.
- It can be less expensive than other forms of advertising.
There are tons of channels you can use to place your landscaping ad, both offline and online. Aside from those discussed here, you can take advantage of other channels such as merchandise, TV and radio, print (newspapers and magazines), and outdoor advertising (billboards and transit ads). The important thing is to identify where your target market spends their time so you can place your landscaping ad in front of them.
If budget is not a problem, you can use two or more marketing channels to reach more people.
When creating a landscaping ad, be sure to keep it short, use relevant keywords, include a call-to-action, and, most importantly, set goals and a budget. With these tips, you're well on your way to starting a successful lawn care advertising campaign!